Programmed universal controller SU 1.2
Photo. 1. Externals the controller SU 1.21. Description of controller.
The free programmed Universal Controller SU 1.2, thanks to its compact construction, high efficiency and availability of processing program and process in real time is dedicated for producers of machines and devices. The controller is intended for applications in industrial automatic systems.
Features of controller SU 1.2:
- 8 digital inputs,
- 8 logic outputs,
- 2 analogue inputs (voltage),
- 2 analogue inputs (temperature – PT100 sensor),
- 2 analogue outputs,
- communication port RS232/485,
- display LCD,
- programmable 6-keys keyboard,
- real time clock (RTC),
- acoustic signal (buzzer),
- display status digital inputs and logic outputs,
- mount on top-hat rail DIN (35 mm),
- power supply 24V DC and 24V AC.
Thanks to the integrated serial interface, RS232/485, the SU 1.2 controller can be connected to the existing control system in a industrial network, for example Profibus, DeviceNet, Ethernet and the like. In this manner, by means of adequate protocol converters, controller SU 1.2 can be attached to a system based on PLC controllers.
Interface RS485, also enables the building of a new system, linking controller SU 1.2 in network (for instance MODBUS) with other devices (for example: PLC controllers, inverters, touch panels HMI, additional expansion modules) and across adequate protocol (for example MODBUS RTU) assert communication.
Means of broadcasting modems (radio modems, wireless serial network) or GSM/GPRS modems can assert wireless communication with controller.
The controller has been designed for housing in functional casing, which mount on top-hat rail DIN enable. All the connections which are destined to connect external devices (like sensors, electrical elements, network), are screw terminals (5.08 mm raster).
The central unit is microcontroller type RISC, Atmega 32, ATMEL Company. Schematics, which are delivered with the controller, make possible free programming of controller, according to requirements. The program to the controller can be written in assembler (AVR STUDIO), C language (WINAVR) or BASIC language (BASCOM AVR). After compilation, the controller is programmed via an ISP connection, which is compatible with ISP programmer unit, for example STK200/300 (connection IDC 10).
The controller has been appointed in JTAG connection. By means of adequate programmer (compatible with AVR JTAG ICE Atmel Company), JTAG interface of the controller cooperative with program AVR Studio and enables:
- debugging code program (On-Chip Debug) of the controller,
- control outputs and checking status inputs of the controller,
- memory and fuse control of processor programming.
Besides, the controller is delivering with bootloader program, which enables to program the controller directly from PC computer. By means any terminal program (for example Hyperterminal) and RS-232 connection, can send file of program in *.bin format to the controller. In this way, program of bootloader enables update firmware, without disassembly of the controller.
For increase functionality and appearance aesthetical, all front panel of the controller can be replaced panel frontal, making according delivered design and can include:
- keyboard membrane,
- display LED status,
- transparent window for display LCD,
- own description and logo.
Controller is delivered with:
- schematic diagram,
- example programs,
- software to compilation programs,
Program examples delivered with controller:
- program to test all functional components of controller SU 1.2 (code source in assembler),
- program to controller SU 1.2 , which by means of MODBUS RTU protocol, communication with touch panel MT-508 Weintek)company enables - reading status of digital inputs and manual control logic outputs of controller SU 1.2 by means of touch panel (code source in C),
- program to touch panel MT-508, reads digital inputs status and manual control logic outputs of controller SU 1.2 (program for service panel, via RS232 port PC computer, testing as mentioned above configuration without hardware panel enable),
- library to service MODBUS RTU protocol for SU 1.2 controller (code source in C),
- bootloader program, to update firmware in the controller (compiled program, file of program in intel format *.hex).
Application of controller:
- automatic industrial systems,
- controlling ventilation and air conditioning,
- regulation of temperature,
- automatic buildings,
- control by real time (for example schools bells),
- control production process.
Fig. 2. Connection diagram SU 1.2.
2. Block diagram.
Fig. 2. Block diagram SU 1.2.
3. Technical parameters
|Functional block||Construction and describes||Parameters|
|Display LCD||Display controlled by bus data. Matrix 16x2 (sign x line) with yellow-green LED backlight.||Controller compatible with HD44780|
|Display LED status outputs||8 red led diodes SMD, display status logic output.|
|Display LED status inputs||8 yellow led diodes SMD, display status digital input.|
|Keyboard||6-keys keyboard connects directly to microcontroller.||6 tact switches|
|Clock RTC||Real time clock, in SMD casing, which is connected to microcontroller by bus I2C Clock RTC with additional accumulator power supply, timing by quartz resonator at 32.768 kHz frequencies.||PCF8583, bus I2C|
|Memory EEPROM||Memory EEPROM, in SMD casing, which is connected to microcontroller by bus I2C bus.||AT24C08,bus I2C|
|ATMEGA 32||Central unit is microcontrollerATmega 32-16A Atmel company, in SMD casing (TQFP 44), timing by quartz resonator at 14.7456 MHz frequencies.||ATmega32-16A, TQFP 44|
|Buzzer||Electromagnetic acoustic signaling with generator inside.||CFG06|
|ISP connection||10 contact connection ISP to programming in system.||10-contacts IDC|
|JTAG connection||10 contact connection JTAG to programming, testing and debbuging in system.||10-contacts IDC|
|Power supply||Controller can be powered by direct current (regulated or unregulated) or alternating current.||
- 24V AC,
- 24V DC regulated,
- 28-38V DC unregulated.
|8 logic outputs||
8 logic outputs contain:
- 4 relay outputs (1 pair of normally open contacts),
- 4 transistor outputs.
All logic outputs are galvanically isolated from microcontroller However, transistor outputs have additional overvoltage and overload protection.
Relays: RM40-3021 (8A/250V)
Transistors: BD437 (0,5A/24V)
|8 digital inputs||8 digital inputs are galvanically isolated from microcontroller. 2 inputs are connect with interrupts of processor. Low-pass RC filters are on inputs.||Inputs nominal voltage signal: +24V|
|2 analogue inputs||2 analogue inputs are destined to measure voltage. By means of jumper, voltage range can be selected: +5V or +10V. Resolution of measurement is delimited by ADC of microcontroller.||Input voltage range: +5V or +10V|
|2 converters of temperature||2 separate analogue circuits assigned to temperature measurement by means of PT100 sensor. Resolution of measurement is delimited by ADC converter of microcontroller. Each circuit is equipped with trimming potentiometer, which calibrates (allows null balancing dependent on cable length).||Temperature range: -50...+160°C|
|Interface RS232/485||Serial interface RS 232/485 is galvanically isolated from microcontroller. By means of jumpers, RS232 or RS485 can be selected.||
RS 232: TxD and RxD
RS 485: A and B, Baud rate:
up to 115.2kbps.
|2 analogue outputs||2 analogue outputs, which by mean control PWM, can adjust voltage. Control PWM is galvanically isolated from microcontroller circuit.||
Range adjustable outputs voltage:
See our other products:To the top ..