The radio-controlled precision stepper motors.
Fig. 1. Block diagram of the radio control system.
Radio system has been developed to allow wireless control four stepper motors. Remote control allows powering fine tuning speed stepper motors. Motor control is independent and allows powering setting the speed of each motor individually. The remote control is powered by AA batteries. In contrast, stepper motors are powered by 24VDC. The remote control is equipped with a specially designed, 6-button membrane keypad. Information about the speed of stepper motors are displayed on the LCD text display 4x16. In addition, the remote control is equipped with LEDs indicating the working of the motors and the possible failure of one of the motors.
Characteristics of radio control stepper motors:
- the system operates on the unlicensed ISM band radio (868 MHz);
- Two-way communication (auto sensing motors, transmission speed, the same motors shutdown in the absence of the radio, start/stop motors, alarm signaling);
- measurement of the remote control battery.
See our other implementation of industrial automation:
- Trybometer using servo motor and sensors,
- The control system trolleys mixer paint and varnish using a PLC,
- Multidrop using stepper motors and PLC,
- Winder controller,