The system controls the position of the friction test (so-called trybometer, tribometr - using a servo motor and sensors).
Foto. 1. View of the linear module.
For the purposes of teaching control and monitoring system were developed to examine the position of friction the so-called trybometr. The distinguishing feature is the position of the reciprocating mode part responsible for causing the friction effect.
Fig. 1. The scheme place of the trybometrii (tribometrii).
The components of the station includes:
- MLA Wobit linear module with Kinco servo motor, which in turn was controlled by servo Kinco CD420;
- force sensor and force converter voltage - 0-5V;
- inductive displacement sensor;
- PT100 temperature sensor with the converter Pt100 / 4-20mA;
- Advantech USB4704 measuring card.
Foto. 2. Servo view.
Foto. 3. Measuring card.
The whole system is controlled by a program on the PC, which also makes data backup. The data is saved to a file in EXCEL format (a file with the extension * .xls), which facilitates further processing and analysis of data received. The control program is written in VB.NET.
Foto. 4. View of the control program.
In the logic test the user gives such parameters as speed and the length of the road. The measurement data is collected by Advantech card and transfers applications, where it visualizes and archives them at a specified frequency. Advantech card communicates with the control program via USB and exchanges data with measurement card thanks to the ActiveX control. Communication between Kinco servo and a computer is using the RS232 standard. Commands are issued in accordance with the internal servo communication protocol. Commands are issued in accordance with the internal servo communication protocol.
Range of work included:
- writing a program in VB.NET on the PC;
- designing the wiring diagram of the system;
- the choice of electrical equipment;
- making of the control cabinet.
See our other implementation of industrial automation:
- Multidrop using stepper motors and PLC,
- The control system trolleys mixer paint and varnish using a PLC,
- Winder controller,
- System radio control stepper motors.